Anas
Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  System Engineer and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

My sons old phone broke and he can't get on with new phone.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. My sons old phone broke and he can't get on with new phone. Have put in the only password ***** and it's sending a code to a number he can't remember having. Any suggestions please?
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: He doesn't have any other devices
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: He says he thinks he may know some security questions
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Email
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

May I know the account to which you are trying to log in on your son's smartphone? (like Gmail/Google, Apple ID, Amazon or any other service)

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks Anas
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

You are very welcome! May I know the account to which you are trying to log in on your son's smartphone? (like Gmail/Google, Apple ID, Amazon or any other service)

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No thanks. Please just tell me what he needs to do
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It's gmail
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

You may see an automatic phone call service offer from this site. They are optional, we can continue to chat without any additional charges. This was offered automatically by the website, not initiated by me. We can continue to chat and solve the issue.

Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Could you try to reset your son's Gmail account password ***** use the new password ***** log in to that account using the reset tool given below?

Open the link and enter your son's Gmail account address there. It will take you to a page where it will try to verify you as the account owner. So please enter the required verification details there. If it can verify you, then it will give you the option to reset your son's account password ***** recover your son's account. Please remember to use a device and the browser you used in the past to access Google so it will be easier to reset your password(if possible). If you are not able to reset the password ***** the recovery options stated there, then on the recovery screen, please click "try another way" and check if you can access the code via another recovery option if it has been connected before. The key is to use the "try another way" link when you don't have access to the recovery option shown there. Once you reset the password, then use the new password ***** log in to your son's Google/Gmail account. Please kindly let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks. Tried that before but getting nowhere
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

You are very welcome! I am really sorry for the difficulty. Were you able to set up the smartphone?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It keeps sending a recovery code to a number neither of us recognise
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

May I know your son's Gmail account address?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Were you able to set up your son's new smartphone?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
he's set it up
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Ok. Please allow me a moment to write the instructions for you. Thank you for your patience!

Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Thank you so much for being so patient with me! I have checked the account and found that there are no other recovery options connected with your son's email account. Google takes account of privacy and security very seriously and will return the account only when you provide enough accurate information to prove that you are the rightful owner. Unfortunately, if you can't use the provided method to prove ownership of the account, Google will not give it to you. Keeping your recovery options up to date is extremely important since that is your only way back. There is no other way to verify the account unless you have the backup codes written down or other recovery options set up before.

Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

In this case, you can fill out and submit the Request to restore your Google Account form given below to recover the Gmail account, and the Google team will get back to you regarding the account recovery. (Please make sure you submit the form given below to recover the account)

Enter as many details as possible to prove that you are the true owner of the Gmail account. Enter all the details (also enter your mobile number / previous passwords if you have one) to prove that you are the true owner of the Google account. Please provide your active email address in the "Email address where we can contact you". After you submit the form, Google will review your request and usually email you within 2 business days to let you know if your account has been restored or not. Please understand that I don't have access to your son's Gmail account details to reset it myself for you. I can only give the steps to you, so you try to reset it yourself as you are the account owner. Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully, it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. I'm sure this is very frustrating for you. Sorry, I wish I had another solution here for this issue. Again, I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news. Bad news situations are difficult to handle. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers understand that we are just messengers in this situation.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

You are very welcome! Have a fabulous day!

Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Please click the link below for detailed instructions to recover your son's Gmail account.

I know this isn't the answer you'd hoped for, and I wish there were a quick fix for this problem. But please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. Please do understand these systems are secure and I can only provide a true and correct answer to your situation. I understand you are frustrated and probably won't like the answer, but that is the only correct answer. Sorry, I wish I had another solution here for this issue. And any other expert would tell you the same option. Thank you very much for understanding the situation. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support or 5-star service. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. Have a wonderful day!

Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas