ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

I have had an e mail from "Norton Secure" re a Norton

Good Afternoon
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have had an e mail from "Norton Secure" re a Norton Lifelock Service 3 year plant priced at £599.00 for 3 years. I thought my next payment should be in January 2023. and £599.99 seems excessive. I think this is a scam. Can you please check for me Thanks
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?
Customer: I have no idea I am just not comp. literate
JA: When did you last update your Norton software?
Customer: No idea. I just pay you (automatically) each year. The amount is just taken out of my bank acc.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. but I think it may be a scam

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have received an e mail supposedly from Norton Secure saying that I have a Norton Lifelock plan. for 3 years. Cost £599.00. I have not requested this. I pay each year in January. I think it is a scam. Please confirm
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry I cannot afford any more. I just want to know if it is a scam

Dear user, Norton will not usually send email messages for new payments or license expiration alerts.

To find out if your license is still active and your computer is protected, you can view it by opening the Norton Antivirus control panel.

To know if your license is still active and your computer is protected you can see it by opening the Norton Antivirus control panel, if you are protected you will see a message like the following where at the bottom edge of the control panel window you will see the time remaining on your license

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry but you haven't given me an answer if this is a scam or not

Dear user I can not know if it is a Scam or not, if you do not tell me from what email address you were received the message, so I send you how to check if your license is still valid and for how long, if your license is still valid for the time you know you bought the license then the message you received in your email is a Scam.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Thank you for your e mail. I did check when my licence is due for renewal and it isn't until January, Spoke to my daughter about the email I received and it is a scam. I must say that I found it very difficult to contact you though. I found your site not a very computer friendly site as I am not really an expert on them.