ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

I have lost a folder in outlook, was moving it up in in box

Customer Question

I have lost a folder in outlook, was moving it up in in box and it's vansihed
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: is on laptop
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried it on google but not understanding how to resolve. As far as I can see its not been deleted.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is this a free service?
Category: Email
Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Dear user in Outlook, do a basic search for an email you know is in the missing folder.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Once you find the correct email, double-click the email to open it in a new window.

In the email window, press Ctrl+Shift+F to open the Advanced Find dialog box.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Click Browse to display a pop-up window of your folder structure, pinpointing where your 'hidden' folder resides.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Make note of the folder's location and close the search window.

Find the hidden folder location in Outlook's folder pane, and move it back by using drag and drop.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Where do i look for it? I've tried the in box and folders but nothing there. My outwrads e,ails are but they wernet in lost folder.
Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Another way to get your lost folder may be as follows:

Step 1: Right-click next to your inbox, then choose Properties

Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Step 2: Click the Folder Size field in the new window. Outlook now lists all folders and sub-folders in your mailbox by name. Once you have found the folder you are looking for in the list, you only have to look at the folder path and you will already know where the missing folder has ended up.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Search for an item with Instant Search

Another method to search for a lost folder is with the Instant Search. Note that you have to remember the name of an item that was in the folder to use this method.

If you still know of an item that was in that folder, doing a mailbox-wide search for it will also allow you to reveal which folder the message is in.

Step 1: Enter a keyword from the email you remember in the Outlook Instant Search bar. It is important to select All Outlook Items.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Step 2: Open the message separately by using a double click.

Step 3: Press Ctrl-Shift-F to open Advanced Find.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Step 4: By pressing the Browse Button, it should reveal the full path to the email.

Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Right click next to inbox doesnt show properties
Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Dear user, another method you can use in your Outlook is as follows

Find Folder Using Advance Search

Many options are available in Outlook 2016 and 2019, and one of them is Advanced Folder Search, which may be used to locate lost folders. It allows the user to search for not just lost or missing Outlook folders, but also Outlook mailbox contents.

1. Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.

2. Then, on the menu bar, go to the Search tab.

3. Select Advanced Find from the Search Tools drop-down menu.

4. When the Advanced Find window appears on the screen, click it.

5. To begin the search, type the name of the lost or missing folder and click the Browse option. The path/location of a lost or missing folder can be found here.

If you don't find them this way you can try this other way

Look for the Trash Folder

We all know that all the deleted files, attachments, messages, and folders are stored in the trash box.

Check the Trash Box (folder) for the lost Outlook folder; if your luck is in, you could discover it there, since you may have removed it accidentally or unwittingly.

1. Open Outlook application on your system

2. On the left side of the screen, select the Bin folder.

3. All deleted/removed objects, including folders, will be available to restore once it is opened.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If i put a name in, the emails come up with the folder name beside them but I canb't open the whole folder? It just opens the message.
Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Dear user being there please look in the previous messages I sent you where the following comment is located:

"Once you find the correct email, double-click the email to open it in a new window."

"In the email window, press Ctrl+Shift+F to open the Advanced Find dialog box."

Continue with the steps indicated from this point

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I think I have sorted myself. As the email technician was uanbel to assist I shall be cancelling the £22 fee.
Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find your lost folder with the directions I gave you. I hope you have a great day.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was unable to follow your directions, sorry.
Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Dear user, may I know which part of my instructions you were unable to follow? Indeed, I could see that you were following the instructions on how to use the search bar.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
please advise who I contact to delete my 7 day trial.
Expert:  ExpLari replied 17 days ago.

Dear user, if you wish to cancel a service can do it from your control panel, have a great day.