ExpLari
ExpLari,
Experience:  Expert
117177496

Every time I send a message to the following message appears

Customer Question

Every time I send a message to***@******.*** the following message appears - CANNOT SEND MAIL "The connection to the outgoing server "apple.smtp.mail.yahoo.com" failed. I was happily sending mail to them until February when this problem started. Can you help please?
JA: Are emails stuck in your outbox or are you receiving an error message?
Customer: They are stuck in my outbox and the above message appears every time I try to contact them
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from sending mail?
Customer: Not that I am aware of but I'm definitely not an expert.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really as that is problem and I have not had a problem sending messages anywhere else. For info Wildcat Safaris have told me they do not have a problem at their end
Category: Email
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Larimar Caldera. Your computer expert, it is a pleasure for me to answer your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can you just let me know what I have to do to fix the problem please
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Dear user, you can try to remove your email account and set it up again

1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than on your iOS or iPadOS device.
  2. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
  3. Tap the email account that you want to remove.
  4. Tap Delete Account.
  5. Add your account again.

Check the Outbox for unsent email

1. In Mail, go to your list of mailboxes.
  2. Tap Outbox. If you don’t see an Outbox, then your email was sent.
  3. Tap an email in the Outbox. Make sure that the recipient’s email address is correct.
  4. Tap Send.

In case these steps do not work please contact Yahoo support team at the following link:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/?sclb=1

Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @ExpLari Kind regards, Larimar

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The problem is still there so I need more help. What are the risks if you take command of my phone?
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Dear user, if with the steps that I indicate you still continue to have the failure the problem will add to the Yahoo service, please contact Yahoo support area to review your case at the following link:

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I cannot possibly rate the Expert until the problem has been solved
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Confirm I do not want to switch to a Secure Remote Assistant
Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

Dear user, if even with the above steps you are not successful, you can try to reconfigure the IMAP of your Yahoo account, to fix them, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts & Calendars > (select Yahoo account) > Account. You should have the option to edit the IMAP server in the Advanced section.

If it doesn't allow you to change it, add the account manually by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other

IMAP server settings for Yahoo Mail

IMAP is the state of the art technology to connect your Yahoo Mail account to a desktop mail client or mobile app.

It allows 2-way syncing, which means everything you do remotely is reflected in your Yahoo Mail account no matter where or how you access it. Here are the settings you'll need to configure your mail client or app.

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

• Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Port - 993
  • Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

• Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Port - 465 or 587
  • Requires SSL - Yes
  • Requires authentication - Yes

Your login info

• Email address - Your full email address (*****@******.***)
  • Password ***** Generate App Password
  • Requires authentication - Yes

Expert:  ExpLari replied 16 days ago.

You can also try installing the Yahoo application from the Apple Store and try to send your messages from there.