TechExpertTZ
TechExpertTZ, Emails Expert
Experience:  Masters Computer Science
109092715

My Outlook calendar is not set up properly. Anyone who

Customer Question

Hi - my Outlook calendar is not set up properly. Anyone who responds to my invite gets an error message. I am using CalDV. I have tried downloading the CalDV synchronizer but the file does not integrate with Outlook for some reason. I am using a Mac laptop.
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Phone and laptop.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Restarting the app.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not yet
Category: Email
Expert:  TechExpertTZ replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Tauseef, a Technology Expert with JustAnswer and I am a Computer Science graduate, I have over 15 years of experience in this field and have helped thousands of customers.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your calendar. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

• May I know who I'm chatting with?

• Who is your email provider?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi - thanks, ***** ***** is Irene.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Email provider.. it is via Wizzhosting - they use cPanel. I have my unique domain (which is now linked to my Outlook account).
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am happy to secure connect if you have the confidence to fix this issue.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have spoken with a few people and many claim they can fix but after careful looking, they are not too sure.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Pls can you let me know?

Please wait working on this.

When you create a domain-based email account and the calendar is connected with it then it automatically is added to the calendar side of the Mail client. CalDav is mainly used for sharing calendars.

Can you confirm your email account is correctly configured? Please share with me your domain name.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
domain is certi-nft.com
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I would think so too - however, sending emails is not a problem. The problem is when I send invite - it gives me this:
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (L326Q77)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
anyone who accepts/declines or responds to the invite, they will receive this as a response:
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (6M7ML65)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have set up my email domain under Outlook like this:
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Biggest issue I have is sending the invite and anyone responding to the invite.

The emails are not configured properly, please see here it is saying your IP is blocked by one of the internets lists https://dnschecker.org/mx-lookup.php?query=certi-nft.com&dns=google

I suggest you move to professional email providers like Microsoft, Google or Zoho.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have now moved to Outlook and created an email using the Outlook domain; and then under that, I have my unique domain (certi-nft.com). Would that work/help?

Outlook is owned by Microsoft, are you using the free outlook or have configured your domain based email address on it?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have gotten a subscription with Outlook
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (4G6Q51V)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I created this as a workaround. But my invites sent via Outlook is still not working.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can send invites out - but it gives me such a long email and an error for whoever is responding to it (in the snapshots above).

Do you want me to connect with your computer and fix this for you while you watch? Please confirm.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do you have the confidence you cn fix this? The offer you suggested is a bit pricey.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I would like to get it fixed but this is pricey.

Sure, but this is a lot of work, I have to check your emails are configured properly and then set them up for you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Any chnce you can do this cheaper. At first it was 20 or so.

I can advise in chat at no extra cost. The email that ends with the suffix outlook.com - let's configure this first. Remove the other account from outlook for now.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok - doing this now.

Please use this server's IMAP details to configure the email account.

POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings for Outlook.com
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-for-outlook-com-d088b986-291d-42b8-9564-9c414e2aa040

The steps are listed in a step-by-step order in the above link I shared, so please go through them one after the other and take your time. Let me know the result, please.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
remove the certi-nft.com account, correct? And keep the outlook.com

Yes, please. Then test that it is working fine and then add the domain-based email account.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
the problem is this. In order to remove that, I will need to make the other one primary account. I cannot do that, because I have tried that earlier (perhaps too many times).

OK, this is a limitation set by Outlook so I cant help you with that, you can set this on your computer i.e. in the Microsoft Outlook application if you like?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In Outlook, I have my primary account as my outlook email. And the one beneath that, is my domain email (certi).
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (SV32TSQ)

Do you mean in the outlook for the web? OK, if Microsoft has put a limitation you will have to wait until it is removed.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am using the app version.

OK sure, are you on a computer?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
yyes

And the email account configured inside the Outlook app? you can continue o send screenshots and I will advise or consider remote support for a rather quicker action. Thank you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (G21QV12)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (54VP13Z)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This is set up in my Outlook app.

Can you delete the Certi-nft.com account?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
done

Check details of the outlook account against what I shared from the Microsoft link earlier, and once everything is right then test the account. Please note that the calendar appears in the Calendar app on Mac.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
on my Mac it appears as I had set that up. But I do not like the invite message that is sent by cPanel (it really is ugly).
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It shows as this.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Anyways - let me try first on Outlook.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am bit confused - did you want me to add a new account using the steps, or just check if the setup aligns to the steps?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
At the moment, the account details just shows as this:
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are you offline? Or do I need to find someone else.
Check the set up aligns. If not make changes. Consider remote support if you are not able to do it or find it challenging.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are you confident you can fix my issue then?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don't want to pay and then realising that it cannot be resolved due to limitations from Microsoft or else.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If you are confident to resolve the issue, I am happy to take up the offer if you make it 40pounds.
Sorry I can’t change price it’s set in the platform. I am use like you.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
right
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
are you confident you can help me
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
fix this
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
You are not very responsive. I appreciate you do not want to put the effort for those who do not pay but this is a bit of a dissapoitment..

Sorry, no it is not this, actually what I shared are the steps, unless we work in a fashion where you share screenshot of every step it will be difficult to assist, yes I am confident I can resolve your issue over remote session.

Just to summarise again.
1. Domain based email account would need IMAP details from your mail provider
2. Outlook.com account will use the details provided by Microsoft here - POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings for Outlook.com https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-for-outlook-com-d088b986-291d-42b8-9564-9c414e2aa040

Let me know how you want to proceed.