Anikesh G
Anikesh G, Computer Expert
Experience:  SAP Customer Relationship Management Consultant at Wipro Technologies
108948392

I have recently moved from Outlook to Thunderbird. How do I

I have recently moved from Outlook to Thunderbird. How do I transfer my Outlook folders and contacts to Thunderbird?
JA: What type of file are you trying to attach (e.g. Word documents, pictures, etc.), and how large is the file?
Customer: Mainly emails but there will be word documents and pictures
JA: Are you getting any error messages when you try to attach your Word document file or send an email?
Customer: I want to have all of the folders currently in Outlook transferred to Thunderbird - can I do that?
JA: Is there anything else the Email Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't know but I I've been using Outlook for a long time and would like to do everything in Thunderbird now

My name is ***** ***** Thank you for posting your query in JustAnswer.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question to ensure that I don't miss anything.

Please follow the below steps to Export Contacts From Outlook:-

1. Launch Outlook. Click “File” and select “Options” from the menu that appears. The Options window opens.

2. Click “Advanced" in the Options window.

3. Click “Export” under the Export heading. Outlook displays the Import and Export Wizard.

4. Click “Export to a File” in the Import and Export Wizard. Click “Next.”

5. Click “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” from the list of available formats under the "Create a File of Type" heading.

6. Click the contacts folder you wish to export. Folders are listed under the "Select Folder to Export From" heading.

7. Click “Browse” and navigate to the location on your computer where you would like to save your exported contacts. Click “OK” once you've selected a location. Make a note of where you save this file as you will need it again.

8. Click the “Next” button in the "Export to a File" box and click “Finish.”

Import Contacts Into Thunderbird
  1. Launch Thunderbird. Click “Tools,” then click “Import” from the drop-down menu that appears. Thunderbird displays the Import window.

2. Click the radio button next to Address Books. Click “Next.”

3. Click “Text file (LDIF, .tab, .csv, .txt)” from the list of available options. Click “Next.”

4. Browse to the location where you saved your exported Outlook contacts and double-click on the CSV file.

5. Click the check box next to “First record contains field names.”

6. Click the “Move Up” and “Move Down” buttons to match the Outlook contact fields to those in Thunderbird.

7. Click “OK” and then click “Finish.”

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
When I click "File","Options" does not appear in the menu

For better understanding, please use the below link and follow the instructions to get this issue fixed:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcN06FP1ZnE

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm using Outlook 2007 - could that be the reason?

If you're using Outlook 2007, then please use the below link:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La2piVJf1FM

I hope this helps.

Is your issue fixed now?

I hope I have provided you with helpful information.

If you have any questions or want any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

And thank you for using Justanswer.com.

Best Regards,

Anikesh

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I would like your assistance to make my Outlook 2007 folders and Contacts available to Thunderbird

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
When can the Email technician call?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I don't have much time - can we do this tomorrow morning?

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please don't charge me £22 until the Email technician is available

Are you able to view my response?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can we do the remote assist tomorrow please

Are you able to view my response?

Anikesh G, Computer Expert
Experience: SAP Customer Relationship Management Consultant at Wipro Technologies
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am not getting responses. Please cancel the Remote Assistance request and confirm I haven't been charged

Thanks for requesting secure remote assistance. I have accepted your request and have messaged you privately for your contact details via the premium services private information box.

I look forward to helping you shortly

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Is your issue fixed now?