Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I confess that I am 'in a state'...I has a very wicked

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I confess that I am 'in a state'...I has a very wicked person 'hack into my aol account and that is now lost...so a friend helped me to get this a/c with Gmail. My 'problem' is quite a few email addresses INCLUDING Gamail ones, pop back at me saying the address is either incorrect or that it doesn't exist.
JA: How do you usually access AOL? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: I phoned my friend and she emailed me on my gmail...it 'pinged' through in 2 mins...I then pressed 'reply' and he got that in 2 mins..... So whilst still on the pnone to her, I then again INDIPENDANTLY emailed her...and back it came ...incorrect email....ahhhhh I had just SENT on 'reply' to her
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: NO FAQ is relevant...bashing the lap top with a brick is 'out'...so that's why I am calling YOU...I can do NOTHING..I need someone to 'sort me out'
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, I pressed 'contacts' and put a friend in....I seem to be unable to add anyone else...every time I press 'contact' it just returns to my 1st entry.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer? A Mac? Or a smartphone?
    2. Approximately, when was the last time that you were able to access the AOL email account that you want to recover now?

Thank you and please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
aol froze my email on Friday night...the 'hackers' must have asked for my password, so when I tried to log on..I tried a couple of times with MY password...which then was incorrect and aol froze me out, I have 'lost all my email and photoes and am distraught.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
however I was using the email addresses to friends on the Friday morning...AND I can contact my friends on the 'reply' button, but not 'independently'
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The latter is now of course gmail
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 days ago.

Are you using a Windows computer right now? A Mac? Or a smartphone?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am using a windows 8 laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please give me a moment to type the procedures for you. I will be right back.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for patiently waiting and I am very sorry about your AOL account issues.

If you are unable to access your AOL email, or if you are having trouble with your AOL account, you need to use a web browser and try logging in to your AOL account there. Please use the procedures below:

1. Go to the Sign-in Helper by clicking on the link below:

http://login.aol.com/forgot

2. Enter one of the account recovery items listed.

3. Click Continue.

4. Follow the instructions given in the Sign-in Helper.

If you are unable to recover your AOL account due to outdated recovery information, please try AOL Premium Support through the link below:

https://subscriptions.aol.com/products/live-support-plus?ncid=mbr_rusacqad00000106

Thank you and I hope that helped. If you need further assistance, please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am 'finished' with aol...they have 'ditched' me...Its the fact that I keep getting 'no response' from emails on gmail that I need the help with
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 days ago.

I am very sorry to hear that. Now regarding your Gmail, are you using a web browser like Chrome or Firefox to access your Gmail? Or are you using an email program like Microsoft Outlook 2016?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the emails EXIST as if I press 'reply' the email goes through, but to email direct it says the email doesn't exist
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 days ago.

Are you using a web browser like Chrome or Firefox to access your Gmail? Or are you using an email program like Microsoft Outlook 2016?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
All I know is I go through 'crome'...never heard of the other stuff \I'm afraid
Expert:  Jess M. replied 10 days ago.

If you have another email address, I suggest you try to send a test email to your Gmail account and see if your "known" Gmail address is correct. With what you described, it appears that your known Gmail address is correct so when you manually enter the email address, you get a bounce notification saying the mailbox does not exist. But when you get the email and reply to it, it is received. This is because when you hit REPLY, the actual and correct email address is automatically added to the TO field.