How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 49779
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have a mediation meeting for an employment tribunal case there

Customer Question

I have a mediation meeting for an employment tribunal case
there seems that there are very few documents to be presented.
The Respondent had asked to see an up to date paye salary.
They had every thing they had asked already previous payes slips.

I made the mistake to agree and not ask the judge why was it required.
Are there any laws that I can quote to retract such agreement to produce the payslip?
Can I ask for the judge to see it in the presence of the Respondent and not actually provide it to the Respondent as agreed?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. You could still wait until the actual mediation heating to produce this evidence, especially if you are concerned about its use. The fact that you have agreed to provide this is not legally binding in a sense that you will jeopardise the whole process by refusing to provide it now.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Many thanks, I will rate the response once I have applied your advise.
Hope that is OK. I am going to the Mediation meeting on the 1st of March and may have more questions regarding this issue as I will immediately write to the courts. as per our subject (Without quoting your advise)

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 years ago.
no problem, best of luck