How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12163
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

An employee spent 2 years working on our website, creating

Customer Question

An employee spent 2 years working on our website, creating pages and editting to our instructions. Left employment and failed to leave us with access to or a copy of the website as it turns out her boyfriend had access to the hosting server and withheld all info from us. Site was closed by him end January, but do to her actions we could not sell effectively through December and Januaryand lost all sales during Feb this year.
We now need to create a whole new site from scratch. What action can I take to recover our losses
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please confirm that he was working as an employee rather than self employed?