How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 49787
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am suspended from my work place since 06.02.2012. :Due to

Customer Question

I am suspended from my work place since 06.02.2012. :Due to complains from my side on investigation process and grievance appeal from my side my employer canceled disciplinary meeting but when I received new invitation they have added new allegations, what differs from thevoriginal suspension reasons. I have meetings minutes with no names and dates on which they have based case against me and they included statement of ex employee in process but they did not contact ex employees who would be supporting me in positive light. I am desperate to finish with this nightmare and I would like to propose settlement to employer but do not know how.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know how long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Since 28.04 2008
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Since 28.04 2008. I just notice mistake as I am suspended since 06.02.2013. Not 2012.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.
There is no right or wrong way of proposing a settlement, especially as the employer is in no way obliged to consider it or agree to it. The usual way of doing this however, is to approach them via letter or request a meeting and say that you are discussing the matters on a without prejudice basis. Then state that whilst you do not admit to anything and still protest your innocence, you believe that this whole matter will benefit both parties if you agreed to some sort of settlement where you agree to leave in return for some kind of settlement from your employer, which could also include a reference. Then it is just a matter of negotiating with them, there is no specific way of doing this, you do whatever works for both and you may see the employer taking the lead role in the circumstances anyway.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would like to have professional assistance if possible
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.
What in particular are you after?