How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50191
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Hi, I was sexually harassed at work eight years ago, the harasser

Customer Question

Hi, I was sexually harassed at work eight years ago, the harasser admitted to it was given a verbal warning and that was it, i was moved to another part of the company nothing more was done. the offered me counoiling which i waited for months until one day i recieved a letter from work to say they dont provide councoling and given the number for samaritians. Do i have a case as it is still haunting me i am seeing psychiatrist and on medication and have been recently suffering flash backs. no one at work believes me i would like to prove it happened and it might give me closure to move on.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know when was the last time that anything in relation to this harassing behaviour happened?

JACUSTOMER-sohnzlil- :

8years ago

Ben Jones :

I am afraid you are out of time to do anything about this now. There are certain time limits for claiming which you need to adhere to. In the case of harassment there are a couple: if you were to make this claim in the employment tribunal under discrimination legislation the time limit is only 3 months from the date the harassment act complained of took place. In certain cases it could be extended to 6 months but either way you are way out of time.

If you wished to make a claim in the county court instead the time limit is 6 years - much longer, but nevertheless still means you are mow out of time to claim, I am sorry.

Ben Jones :

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating - your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you