How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12174
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have a company that has a contract with a local council the

Customer Question

I have a company that has a contract with a local council the contract ends on July 31st
the contract is worth over £300,000 does this have to go out to formal tender by eu law or can it just be passed on to a differant company as is the councils intention,the company they intend to pass it on to have asked to take our staff over if this is all legal would our staff have to be taken on under tupe law?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.

Can you tell me what type of business the company is involved with please?

Many thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we provide show services to the national exhibition centre in birmingham

Expert:  taratill replied 4 years ago.
Hello would you still like help with this?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.
Can I ask type of show services? The Regulations applicable to this talk of Part A and Part B services and I am trying to work out which you are as this will affect whether the Council is obliged to tender under EU law.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we mark out the stands on the floor so the stand builders know where to build thier stands

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  leanne-jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello - my name is Leanne and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I see you have relisted this again - do you still need assistance?