How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12305
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I used to be on a relief pharmacist contract 30hours a week

Customer Question

I used to be on a relief pharmacist contract 30hours a week and working when/where I was needed (same hours every week but not same days every week)
Now I would like to come back from my maternity leave and my employer don't think is reasonable to work set days, so I can arrange childcare. I do not mind which days I can even reduce my hour if it's going to help.
My employer is obliged to give me flexibility so I can continue my career and not make thing auckward for me to leave.
Is my request a reasonble request?
Do they have to pay for my childcare failing to provide me set days?
many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Has your employer told you why it is not possible to grant your request for flexible working?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,