How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

Can you please provide me with options in relation to a French

Customer Question

Can you please provide me with options in relation to a French national who has a french company and a uk company ie ltd can work and reside in norway for a contractors job.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  vincent2013 replied 4 years ago.

Hi, thanks for your queston. My name's XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with it today. Please do remember to take the time to rate my answer when you have finished.


As he is an EEA national, he can visit and work in Norway for up to 90 days. If he needs to stay longer, he must make an online advance application on the relevant grounds (presumably as a self-employed "service provider") and then present himself at a local Norwegian police station to register. He must take with him his passport, evidence of his self-employment and the contract he is in Norway to complete. It is in the police's sole discretion to issue a registration certificate and there are no rights of appeal, although the application can be made again. If the certificate is issued, it is usually done so quickly (i.e. as a counter service).


The certificate is indefinite (as long as the conditions continue to be met) but will lapse if he leaves Norway for longer than six months.


There is a very useful guidance note provided by the UDI (the Direcotrate of Immigration) which can be found here:


I hope this answers your question. If so, I would be very grateful if you could provide positive feedback so that I can receive credit from the website. Our conversation will not close and you can still ask me anything to clarify the information above.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,