How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cityguru Your Own Question
cityguru, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 13329
Experience:  Senior lawyer with 30 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
cityguru is online now

Consumer credit licence and data protection licence

Customer Question

Hi, can you tell me if a wholly owned subsidiary company needs its own CCL, and DPL or can it use the one of the parent company

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.

Each company needs to be registered for Data protection and to have its own consumer credit licence. They will not be automatically covered by the holding company

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi you say not automatically covered by the holding company, does this mean there is a way to do it?

Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
No I just meant that the licence or registration does not extend to subsidiaries. It may be possible to use for a sub to us the holding company ccl as agent bit not to otherwise.

Data protection is easy it is just a small fee and registration it is not a licence