How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 49805
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I frequently work overseas for my company, I have just claimed

Customer Question

I frequently work overseas for my company, I have just claimed for a lost kindle and have been told due to the excess on the insurance my employer does not want to raise a claim.

My employer says that he will not reimburse me in future for low value under £200 items if I lose anything else. I am now unwilling to take my Sat Nav, Electronic Notebook, Ipad, Ipod and numerous other personal items, some of which are essential to my work, away with me.

I need to know what the legislation / laws are for situation like this.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is there a policy that covers this issue in your workplace? For example what is the workplace insurance policy that would cover you for lost personal items?