How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6430
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

Our Boss closed office doors in May 2013, employment tribunal

Customer Question

Our Boss closed office doors in May 2013, employment tribunal award given to us, boss ignored with no attendance/correspondence, high court applied for and granted and officers have attended twice/three times to get monies owed to us. Company has a proposal to strike off WITH a further 6 months objection as from January 2014 in place at companies house. Redundancy payment received from Redundancies Services balance of award figure £3,573.73 (each) still to be paid to us. Can we get Legal Aid to assist us as putting him into Insolvency will cost approximately £1,385 odd pounds. as advised by CAB, He has not registered the company with the PAYE with the HMRC, he has deducted NI and Taxes from four employees since August 2011 and has not paid monies to the HMRC. He has not submitted accounts to Companies House.
Info: Myself 9 years my colleague 11 years continual employment under two other company names plus the recent one incorporated in August 2011 and dates and award acknowledged by the Employment Tribunal Service, Exeter.
How can we get the remaining monies owed to us ?
Anita and Mary
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  taratill replied 4 years ago.

taratill : Hello my name is Jenny and I'm happy to help you today. Have you got home insurance and if so does it cover legal expenses?