How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

Hi, a work colleague has clicked "like" to Ban the burka Fac

Customer Question

Hi, a work colleague has clicked "like" to Ban the burka Facebook, my employers are saying this is a political opinion and have taken no action. I am Muslim and find this offensive. Do I have claim for discrimination. We work in an environment where we provide care to the elderly and we also have Muslim service users. I am aware of the equalities act 2010 religious discrimination/harassment and will this be covered in that?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  taratill replied 4 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today. Have you raised a formal grievance about this at work?

JACUSTOMER-sp713gba- :

yes i have

JACUSTOMER-sp713gba- :

the hearing is tomorrow

JACUSTOMER-sp713gba- :

my emplyers are admant it is a political opinion

JACUSTOMER-sp713gba- :

what do you think

JACUSTOMER-sp713gba- :

hi you there

JACUSTOMER-sp713gba- :


JACUSTOMER-sp713gba- : Can you please answer my question or refund my payment
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes please find the answer for me through another professional, I need it urgently now before 12pm lunch time on the 12th February tomorrow. If you cannot respond by then, please refund my money and confirm it has happened.

My hearing at work is tomorrow afternoon 12th February.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.


We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,