How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Laywer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience in employment related issues.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

I am an accountant in general practice. I was originally a

Customer Question

I am an accountant in general practice.
I was originally a self employed consultant with a charity.
I asked to become an employee so as to avoid going over the vat registration limit.
the CEO agreed but I don't know if it was ratified by the board but they have given me annual pay increases in the same manner as other employees
I still have clients who I do the accounts for as a self employed accountant.
The charity runs a employer pension contribution scheme and employees are eligible after 3 months service.
I have always been ignored on this subject.
The have recently taken on several new employees and reviewed the existing employees and putting all those eligible into the scheme but I am not being invited to join.

Do I have a right to join and if so how do I enforce it.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

This will depend on what your terms and conditions of employment say about it, but my feeling is that if all other employees get it, then you should too. However, it seems that your position is slightly different, in the sense of why you become an employee compared to others.