How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50137
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

My employer still wont give me a contract what can I do. They

This answer was rated:

My employer still won't give me a contract what can I do. They give me a cheque on the last day of the month that can take 5 days to clear .

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

Customer: I have worked there for 3 months
Ben Jones :

Under law employees are entitled to receive a written statement of employment particulars no later than 2 months after they have started working for an employer. This is not a contract but it will contain many terms that one would find in a contract. Details of this are here:


In terms of the payment, then it is not unlawful to be paid by cheque and have to wait a few days to clear it. If that is the employer’s chosen method of payment then it will be what they can choose to pay you with.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Customer: Thank you Ben for your help
Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you