How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50181
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

as an employer I have found out that my company, my staff and

This answer was rated:

as an employer I have found out that my company, my staff and my customers have been abused and threatened by an employee who is suspended and is going through a grievance procedure on facebook.
before I could act (print) the above has been deleted from her facebook account.
Could a solicitor ask facebook for the deleted items to be given to me.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

It is highly unlikely that a solicitor would be able to do that for you unfortunately. Solicitors have no power to force Facebook to retrieve and disclose that information and their request would hold as much weight as if it had come directly from you. The only way to do it is to force a court to issue an order for this to be done, which would be a complex and expensive process, or to get the police involved if the comments could amount to criminal conduct, but from experience they are also unlikely to get involved with this and take it that far. Of course you have nothing to lose by contacting them to see if they can help but don’t hold your breath on that one.


Instead, you could still use this information to take action against the employee – even if you do not have anything in writing to prove what was said you or others may have still seen these comments and your evidence could be used to discipline the employee in question.


several people have seen the comments, so I will get statements from them. Thankyou

Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you