How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6430
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

I have recently been told verbally I have no employment as

This answer was rated:

I have recently been told verbally I have no employment as of the 31st March. I was tuped from one solicitors to another so currently am now serving my forth year as a criminal secretary. The firm I am currently working for are tuping lawyers but have advised, again verbally, there will be no secretarial supported required by the novation contract. I am to give one month notice should I leave my current employment but cannot confirm from my contract the notice is returnable on the same basis due to redundancy.

Firstly am I entitled to redundancy and secondly should there be written notice to me? If so what is the statutory redundancy and how much notice should I expect. I am currently enrolled with employment agencies to seek a future appointment but my time is running out?! I do not want to prejudice any position I could potentially be in.

Are you able to offer me any assistance or advice.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Please advise

taratill :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today. Do you have 4 year's continuous service? and what does your contract say about notice from the employer on termination?

Customer: I have 3 years 3 months continuous service and there is no mention in my contract of any notice period for redundancy on their part.
taratill and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hi thanks for rating my answer. Yes you should be given notice of a month and paid statutory redundancy which you can calculate using the following website

Your employer should also consult with you and offer you alternative work (if relevant).

If you have any further questions please do ask.