How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 49796
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have been working for three years for no pay in a partnership

Customer Question

I have been working for three years for no pay in a partnership with my parents. Due to a family disagreement they wish to sell. I don't! I have been the main worker in the restaurant, head chef/ owner! If I threaten to quit while they try and sell to stop them as they will not have a business if I do so will I and do I now have any rights?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. have you any written agreement with your family and are you a share holder in the company please

Ben Jones :

Sorry when I said shareholder I meant are you part of the partnership, are you an official partner?