How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6428
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

I have applied for voluntary redundancy. I returned paperwork

Customer Question

I have applied for voluntary redundancy. I returned paperwork (an agreement) to my HR department for the college's signature (it had been signed by myself and my solicitor) . They removed a section from the paperwork which was attached after the signatures of myself and my solicitor and then sent it to senior management for completion. The attachment was an agreement to pay outtsanding overtime pay - this was not mentioned in the body of the contract. I was not consulted regarding this change. Do I have to accept the agreement in it's revised state on the grounds that I had already signed?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is Jenny and I am happy to help you today. Was the agreement you refer to a Settlement Agreement?