How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

HiI work for a UK company which is registered at Companies

This answer was rated:


I work for a UK company which is registered at Companies House, my contract is with this UK company and our suppliers are paid by this company. Our parent company is based in Germany and is a privately owned company (1 family) and the three owners are listed as directors of the UK company.
Our company does not receive any monies and we rely on our German parent company for income. We have not been paid our full salary for May, none for June - I have entered a greivence letter/have a g. meeting /contacted ACAS etc.
However I am unsure of our legal standing - if I sued to company would it be the UK company or the German one?
As we owe a large number of suppliers could they force the UK company into Administration in it's own right or would they have to go to Germany?
Thanks for your question. From what you say your contract is with the UK company and that is th company you would have to claim against for your unpaid salary. Similarly creditors of the UK company would have to pursue that company, not the parent company.
JGM and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you