How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 49811
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I was dismissed on 14th April 2014, I have been through an

Customer Question

I was dismissed on 14th April 2014, I have been through an appeal, with ACAS' s guidance, and also the timescale would be an issue, and I have received a negative reply from the board od appeal, so my next step is to go to tribunal, I have the conciliation certificate, with a reference number on it, I have called Acas today and they now tell me to download a tribunal form and employ a solicitor, I have month to register., So help is required to employ a litigation solicitor., Regards ***** *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 years ago.
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What specifically would you like to know about your situation?

I understand cannot go to Tribunal without the support of ACAS, which I have, a reference no., of a certificate of conciliation.,


I was dismissed from my job with the NHS on 14th April 2014, I sort help from ACAS, I have been through the appeal and have a reply from the appeal to say they agree with the HR/Management, that arrived 18th July 2014.,which is itemised with my lack of support, moving on, I need help to find a litigation solicitor to take my case within the time allowed, a month from when, when I went to the appeal, or when the letter was dated, I have instructions to download the form from ACAS, along with the reference no., where will I find a solicitor in my area, Peterborough., regards ***** *****

Ben Jones :

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. You are correct that you need to go through ACAS’ early conciliation service first before you are able to make a claim in the employment tribunal. However, if conciliation is not possible with the employer and the process comes to an end, whereby you are issued with a reference number by ACAS, you are then free to make a claim in the employment tribunal.

You do not actually need a solicitor to submit your claim – this is not a formal requirement. Many claimants make the claims themselves without any legal assistance. However, if you wish to use the services of a solicitor you are of course free to do so. There are dozens of employment solicitors you could choose from and whilst we cannot recommend a specific one as you need to choose one yourself, depending on what suits you best, ***** ***** direct you to the Law Society’s search function where you can choose your local area and the specific field of a solicitor you are after (in this case Employment Law). It would then be a matter of selecting a firm from the list and enquiring as to whether they can help you with your specific situation. You should also consider the costs involved and eventually make a decision as to which firm is most suitable for your needs.

You can search for local solicitors here:

Hope this clarifies your position? If you could please let me know that would be great, thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks