How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6430
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

I suffered from an accident in France earlier this year. My

Customer Question

I suffered from an accident in France earlier this year. My tibia was "rebuilt" and I live in constant pain. I am 60 in May of next year and have requested "Flexible Reirement" via the Council I have worked for since I qulified in 1992 as a social worker. My entire working life has been as a loyal, respected and reliable employee within Child Protection. My manager has advised this does not suit his "business plan" as he may loose hours, overall. Due to the fact the accident occured boarding a boat (within 2 hours of arriving in France) I have been advised any legal challenge will be expensive and complicated. My Mother just died as an (indirect) result of my injuries (I could no longer care for her the way I used to therfore she refused treatement for a chest infection beleiving she beleived was a "burden" to me, and died). I am a member of UNISON. Do I just continue to drag my leg around 5 days per week or do I have any legal redress against my (new)manager?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. I assume the answer to this will be yes but can you explain if your injuries have a significant impact on your ability to carry out day to day activities (mobility) and that they are likely to last more than 12 months?