How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50191
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Hi Ben, following on from my last question. My employer will

This answer was rated:

Hi Ben, following on from my last question. My employer will make me redundant soon, because of failures of a project. How are redundancy packages usually determined? Also in relation to UK laws, what right does an employee have for compensation? I have been with the company as a full time employee (senior manager) for just over 3 years. I assume its to do with grade, length of service etc? I have never been in this type of situation before and your advise is appreciated. Many Thanks
Ben Jones : Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Unless your contract entitles you to any enhanced redundancy, you will only be entitled to the minimum statutory package. This is calculated using a set formula, which you can find here:

Hi Ben thank you for the answer. There is nothing on my contract that gives details of redundancy entitlemenr. However that doesn't mean that the company that I work for has a


redundancy scheme


So the company may have its own redundancy scheme but not necessarily state it in the employment contract

Ben Jones : The employer should tell you whether they operate any enhanced redundancy scheme but the first point of reference is your contract because that is what your employment relationship and rights are governed by. So you can certainly ask them whether any redundancy scheme exists
Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether to close the question or not? Thanks

Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you