taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters

My wife has recently been off work (GP certified )

My wife has recently been off work (GP certified for stress) wolverhampton city council.
Under WCC HR policy, they request an interview. My wife contacted her union unison for representation. Following this the interview has now been withdrawn. Can my wife demand that interview be resaumed with union representation?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long has your wife worked for her employer for?

JACUSTOMER-1vdf0tbf- :

Is it the employer that have withdrawn the meeting?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what reason have they given?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My wife was signed off from work for 4 weeks for stress. under wolverhampton HRC policy, an absence of 4 weeks requires an interview.

The employer has now said that it does not need that interview.

I need to know if that interview under their policy can be rescheduled with a union representative.

Please bear with me while I prepared a full response.
If the meeting is at the employer's request then the employer can legally withdraw it.
If there are issues that your wife wants to raise with the employer in the presence of the union representative the employer should be willing to listen. The meeting may need to be held under a different format, e.g. a grievance format.
If you have any further questions about this please do ask.