How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cmd2008 Your Own Question
cmd2008, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 3090
Experience:  BSC (hons), Solicitor with 14 years legal experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
cmd2008 is online now

Hey, my previous employer is refusing to pay me. I have sent

Customer Question

Hey, my previous employer is refusing to pay me. I have sent payslips and all necessary documents multiple times. I'm Unsure of how to proceed from here?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  cmd2008 replied 3 years ago.

Can you tell me approximately how much you are owed and when and how your employment was terminated? Did you give correct notice?

JACUSTOMER-i4c5ljpq- : Hey, yeah I'm owed roughly £450. I left at the end of October, I gave them just over 2 weeks notice when I quit.
JACUSTOMER-i4c5ljpq- : Hey I just received an email asking me to rate this. Can you reply? Or how do I get my money back?
Customer: Hi. Sorry for the delay. I wasn't notified of your response. If you have correct notice then your first step is to write a letter to them giving them 7 days in which to make payment or you will issue a claim in the county court. Set out what you are owed and for what ie unpaid wages etc. if they fail to pay then you can issue a claim by going to I hope that helps.