How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

there,I work big corporate and am trying to

This answer was rated:

Hi there, I work for a big corporate and am trying to establish typical redundancy arrangements. These are not covered in my current contract. The government information on redundancy pay says I will get my notice period paid plus two weeks' worth of statutory pay (I've been in the company for 2+ years). This seems low to me compared to what I have heard my peers getting (2-3 extra months full pay). What is realistic? What offer should I be prepared for?  Thanks

What is your age, your exact length of service and your weekly take home pay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

26 years old

2 years 6 months

around 500 a week after tax

The redundancy payment you are entitled to as a matter of law is £928.
Depending on the circumstances your employer might offer more as part of a settlement agreement, particularly if there is a number of redundancies and the employer wants to have a policy which is outwith what the law requires as a minimum.
Happy to discuss further if you think there are specific circumstances here.
JGM and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you