How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50175
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

i have a letter from the last company i worked that

This answer was rated:

i have a letter from the last company i worked for saying that i am in breech of contract for makeing a comment about the company on facebook and to one of there employees
and want me to remove the comment from facebook and could ask for my pay settlement back there are no comments in the facebook activity log that i can delete the employee must have deleted it where do i stand.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What restrictions were agreed with the employer and did you make the comment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there was a restriction about commenting about them in writeing or online

i did say to one of my freinds on face book about the way i was paid off and the way the managers went about it but i have no records of the comments made as the have been deleted.

If the comments have been removed then their request to delete these has already been satisfied. It would not matter whether it was you or the other person that deleted them as long as they have been removed.
However the issue that the comments were made in the first place still stands. If you were specifically prohibited from making such comments as a condition of your settlement but went ahead and made them anyway then that would potentially place you in breach of contract. Technically the employer could try and pursue you for the settlement and treat the agreement you reached as being void. However they cannot justified you to return that and if they wanted to take it further then they will have to take you to court and argue their case that way. Whether they do so is somehow only they know although I would hope that they don't go that far as it would take up their time and money and common sense would dictate that they should just let the mater go if this was just a one off slip up on your part.
I suggest you say that comments have already been removed and apologise for your error in judgement confirming that you will not make such comments again in the future.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you