How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

I have been employed by the same UK organisation years.

This answer was rated:

I have been employed by the same UK organisation for 25 years. Two years ago the role I was in was made redundant and I was given notice of redundancy. However I agreed to stay on for a period of six months in a new role and thereafter stayed on in that role to date.
There was no break in my employment. Will the full 25 years count as continuous service for the purposes of calculating any future redundancy payments?
Thank you
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Have you been put at risk of redundancy again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We are currently undergoing a restructure and I want to understand my position in advance should my current role be redundant as part of that restructure.

Hi I understand, if there is no break in service then your continuous service would span the entire period of your employment i.e. 25 years.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
taratill and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you - that confirms my understanding. Really helpful.

No problem all the best.