taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters

Jenny. I am currently in employment with a UK based

Hello Jenny. I am currently in employment with a UK based company but have been offered a role with an Italian company. I would be working at home, the company does not have an office in the UK, and I would undertake product development and contracting work for this Italian company in the Uk and Ireland (it is a travel company). They have offered me an agreed annual payment but asked me to invoice monthly. I need to know if I could register as self employed.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Would you supply your own equipment and control your own hours etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jenny

yes i would supply my own equipment and control my own hours.

In that case you would be deemed as self employed for tax purposes. You should submit invoices as the employer has requested and submit a self assessment tax return in respect of the work that you do.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.