How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50138
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I wpuld like some further advice please. I took my redundancy

This answer was rated:

Hi I wpuld like some further advice please.
I took my redundancy from 15 May after deciding that the role offered was not for me. I was told that I would receive my May pay on the normal date the20th May and my redundancy pay may not be paid until the June pay.
It is now the28th and I have not been paid either my pay for the period I worked or y redundancy. I have queried this and been told it is being signed off. How long dies an employer have to make this payment after I leave and surely I should have received my nirmal pay as usual regardless of the redundancy payment.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the contractual date you are due to be paid every month?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ben

It's tbe 20th of each month.


Thanks I will respond fully this afternoon with my advice
Many thanks for your patience. The redundancy process should not affect the date when you get paid your normal salary. This is a contractual right and is not affected by redundancy. If contractually you are due to be paid on the 20th of each month, then even if your employment was terminated before that date you are still contractually entitled to receive your pay on the specified date. If the employer does not pay you as obliged then they will be acting in breach of contract. Whilst you can pursue the employer for the money owed, by the time any claim is processed you are likely to have been aid anyway so this is really something which you should do if it appears likely they will not pay at all.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you