How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 49867
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

If a person give notice to leave a job can that offer be r

This answer was rated:

If a person give notice to leave a job can that offer be recinded
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What offer are you referring to please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its a notice to leave a position after 3 years . just want to know can notice be withdrawn

You mean withdraw the resignation? If so has it already been accepted by the employer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just by store manager but not yet forwarded to company HR

Once resignation is submitted and communicated to the employer it becomes legally binding, whether they accept it or not. There is nothing stopping you from asking to be allowed to retract it but that can only happen at the employer’s discretion. If they refuse to allow that then I am afraid that your employment will terminate when your notice period expires. You cannot prevent that unfortunately. So you must hope that the employer allows the retraction as it is the only way you will be allowed to stay. I therefore suggest you contact the employer ASAP to request that.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? I just need to know whether you need further help or if I can close the question? Thank you