How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

I have an Employee who is suffering from Bulimia & psychiatric

This answer was rated:

I have an Employee who is suffering from Bulimia & psychiatric problems. She has been suffering since December, we have sought treatment for her over the past 6 months. We have accommodated her problems at work giving support etc. She went off sick end of May, we had no contact with her for the last 5 weeks so wrote to her asking her to make contact to give us an update. She responded and a meeting was had to discuss her progress. Unfortunately she is very unfit to return to work, she produced a sick note for 4 weeks. Her mental state is very fragile and we cannot see her returning in the near future. We are currently paying SSP but we are a small Company (Childcare) and are having to employ someone else. We need advice as to if we can ask Employee to resign/leave of absence until she is fully fit. Prognosis is not good, she may be unwell for many months.
Many thanks
Ms Thomas
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
how long has this employee worked for you for and have you obtained any doctors reports in respect of this employee?
taratill and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hi please see below