How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6467
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

I am freelance developer, from South Africa I have been

This answer was rated:

I am freelance developer, from South Africa I have been doing work for a company based in UK, our agreement was that I was gonna paid daily after every invoice, with no contract in place, this happened at the beginning of the work, but after I have done so much work and after I was that the project would launch in a weeks time which was gonna be the 16th June 2015, but that did not happen, so I was told I will get paid soon, but this did not happen but the bill kept on growing, so last week I told the guys I wont be working till I am paid what is owed to me, but this did not happen and the company hired and paid someone else instead of paying what was owed to me, so I thought this was exploitation, so I tool to myself and removed all the work I did for them, but they said I was blackmailing them and they gonna lay charges, so I fixed what I broke, so now I am stuck I cant claim what i owed to me, what can I do please help as I wont be able to afford the court proccesses , can you please help.?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you based in South Africa or in the UK at the moment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am based in South Africa

how much do they owe you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Jenny

they owe me:


to be exact

Hi unfortunately without issuing proceedings there will be little you can do to recover your loss.
I would suggest you send a letter before action stating that if you are not paid what you are owed within 7 days you will take action to recover the money through the UK courts.
If that does not result in payment you will need to take a view as to whether to bring proceedings or not.
You will find details on how to raise a claim at
taratill and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you