How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50170
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

As a respondent to a bullying and harassment complaint in 2010,

This answer was rated:

As a respondent to a bullying and harassment complaint in 2010, to which I was found to be not at fault. Can the complainant bring the same complaint five year's later?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Who is the complaint being made to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am in the Military and the complaint has bee made to my superiors.

Whilst there is nothing stopping the person making the complaint again, unless there are new facts or evidence to make it a different complaint to the original one, they should not be allowed to proceed. So if the complaint is based on the exact same facts as the first time, it is not a new complaint and the fact that you were found innocent after a formal investigation should stand and result in this complaint being thrown out. However, if new facts or evidence have emerged since and they wish to bring these up to pursue a new complaint then that could be allowed. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you