How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 10954
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I hope you can help. I used to work Company in Haywards

Customer Question

Hi, I hope you can help. I used to work for a Company in Haywards Heath - 1st Central Insurance - and was chosen to be the voice for the Company voice system, welcoming new callers and explaining more about the Company and its regulations, I am sure you know the type of thing I mean. I have not been employed for over a year by them and having run into an old colleague I understand that they are still using my voice recordings on the internal system. I do not wish them to use my voice and wonder if I have any legal rights to tell them to remove/replace my recordings with another voice. If I can ask for the recordings to be removed please let me now and if I am able to ensure that my voice is no longer used can I give them a reasonable time to do so and tell them that I will make a charge for the service should they not comply? I look forward to hearing from you. Many Thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Yes, you force the company to remove or no longer use your voice recordings on their internal system. Alternatively, you , can enter into a licensing agreement whereby you now licence the use of your voice recordings to them in return for an annual fee. The best way to approach this issue is to write a letter, either personally, or via solicitor's letter. Refer to the fact your employment with the terminated, that they have continued to use your voice recordings for the last year, that you claim £x for use of your voice recordings for the last year and that you are willing to continue to licence them to your ex employer for a fee of £x per annum going forward. You will quickly get a response, in which they will cease using your voice, or else pay you monies to get rid of you. Be aware that you own the rights to your own voice recordings. Any licensing would have terminated when your employment terminated.