How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 50154
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Can you ask occupational health report to be changed

This answer was rated:

Can you ask for an occupational health report to be changed if it implies that your health is worse than stated by a state registered medical professional? The report actively contradicted the diagnosis provided by the medical professional.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Was the OH report done by qualified medical professionals?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was done by an occupational health nurse, but she didn't examine me and she didn't request to see any of my recent medical notes which includes an MRI scan.

When was the report provided and has the employer done anything as a result of it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was completed yesterday, I am due to return to work tomorrow on reduced hours, so I will be discussing the report with them in the morning.

If you believe that the contents of a report are incorrect you may indeed challenge them and ask for the necessary changes to be made. Often, when it comes to medical opinions, there could be disagreements between what one professional thinks and what another believes to be the case. However, if there are major differences you could try and ask for a second opinion from an independent professional, someone who you and the employer would agree on in advance. They could then be used as the deciding voice in the event of such a dispute. In the meantime you may certainly ask the professional who prepared the report under dispute to change it and provide evidence to back up your request. This would include anything you have been given so far by other professionals, such as your medical professional who has been dealing with you up to now. You can also directly challenge the on why these reports were ignored and ask for a formal clarification on that point.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you