How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6463
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now
Employment Law
This answer was rated:

I was recently suspended on full pay but they only paid me the basic salary at 37.5hr a we

ek over a period of... Show More
ek over a period of 13 weeks whilst they carried out there investigation, as I understand it my pay should have been calculated at average earnings according to there disciplinary and polices and procedures.
Show Less
Ask Your Own Employment Law Question
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
How long have you worked there for and how long were you suspended for? Has the disciplinary matter now concluded?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Worked there for 1 year 3 months, I was suspended for 13 weeks, yes the matter has been concluded got verbal warning

Please can you tell me how your pay is made up? Is it basic pay plus commission?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Guaranteed weekly hours 37.5 per week

Guaranteed daily hours 7.5 per day

Shift length in normal circumstances drivers will not be scheduled to exceed a shift length above 13 hours

Average shift length is between 10 - 13 hour

In accordance with your contract they are in breach of contract if they fail to pay the average amount and you can claim in the Employment Tribunal for your losses on the basis that it amounts to an unlawful deduction from wages.
You first need to instigate ACAS early claim conciliation and if that is not successful you can raise a claim.
The employer cannot take action against you for raising a claim of this nature.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.