How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 49852
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

In a local pharmacy, i was accused by the counter assistant

This answer was rated:

In a local pharmacy, i was accused by the counter assistant of forging a doctor's signature on a prescription. I have raised a formal complaint against this employee but getting the 'white-wash' treatment.
Can I bring formal legal charges against the pharmacy and the employee?
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did they refuse to serve you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After I challenged the person to join me to go and see the Doctor who signed the prescription, she RELUCTANTLY complied with the order.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there?
So have you suffered any losses as a result of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Insult, indignation, seeking some form of compensation for the implied fraud - is there any legal recourse. It seems that once a retailer puts up a sign saying their staff will not tolerate abuse, it gives the staff carte blanche to do and say what they like.
I am afraid there is no legal recourse in the circumstances. They have not done anything wrong from a legal perspective. This is not a criminal issue and neither is it a civil matter that would allow you to take any legal action. You cannot claim for insult or indignation. If they had suspicions that the prescription slip was not genuine they have the right to refuse to serve you and state their reasons why. The only way to pursue this is via a direct complaint to the pharmacy or to the General Pharmaceutical Council but there are no other routes that you can pursue legally. I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you