How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

Have been seconded into ward manager post months.

This answer was rated:

Have been seconded into ward manager post for three months. After that expected to do the managers job on low pay yet someone else in the department has been seconded into a junior post and is getting the right money for it. This is not the first time
it has happened to me. I feel abuse as when the posts become permanent I am never appointed and ho back to he a junior but still operates at senior level I am of black minority. What do I do because I seem to have got myself in that situation again for the
fourth time.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since 2002
Hello you need to raise a written grievance about this to state that it is in breach of the 'duty of trust and confidence' owed by employer to employee that you are not being remunerated properly. If you believe that this amounts to race discrimination you should also say so in your grievance. Your employer cannot take action against you for raising a grievance. Hopefully raising a grievance will result in your concerns being correctly addressed. If it does not then you have the option of raising a claim of race discrimination and potentially resigning and claiming constructive dismissal. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Because this has been going on for while dating back to 2004 can I still include this in my grievance or is it no longer valid
As long as it is continuing yes. If you are now raising a grievance about a one off incident that long ago then it would be out of time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you. To be clear I include everything in the grievance?
Yes in chronological order if possible. All the best with this.
taratill and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank 6 our very much .Will start working on my grievance