How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

There I've been working company weeks and was

This answer was rated:

Hi there I've been working for a company for 19 weeks and was told that I was no longer needed for the business by text .
I have a contract with the company .
They have refused to pay me my back week and holiday pay .
They have also taken 200 pound from my account for 2 sick days .
I have given them the option to pay me before I take it further but they refuse .
Can you please advise .
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Were you under a contract of employment? Did this contract allow them to make a deduction when you were off sick? Have they paid you any notice?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it's a basic contract see the file
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Plus they were not paying me 750 a week only 650
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have wage slips and p45 to prove this
Ok they are in breach of contract by failing to pay you notice and correct pay in accordance with your contract, in addition it amounts to an unlawful deduction from wages that you had monies taken off when you were sick. They are also in breach of the Working Time Regulations by failing to pay holiday pay. You should now engage the services of ACAS early claim conciliation If this does not result in you being correctly paid then you can lodge a claim at If you have any further questions please ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I have to pay for either of these ?
Also do you think I'm in the right ?
Yes you are in the right. You don't pay for ACAS but if you need to lodge a tribunal claim there is a fee which you can claim back from the employer. The fee is £160 to lodge the claim, the hearing fee is £230. As I said earlier both of these are recoverable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That website is not working ?
This is the website you need Sorry for the delay. If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you.
taratill and 3 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you