How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6428
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

I have been suspended, I would like to know if I can get a

This answer was rated:

I have been suspended, I would like to know if I can get a part job whilst suspended without affecting my perement job
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you been suspended for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
from the 2nd September 2015
Are you suspended on full pay? what is the allegation against you? It seems strange that you have been suspended so long.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, I am on full pay, The allegation is bullying and harasement by contacting her on her landine and sending an offical letter without consent. I was trying to help a collegue after a death, both our fathers died
What is the reason for the delay in the full hearing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mainly xmas holiday as work closes beetween christmas
If you are being paid full pay whilst suspended then it would not be appropriate to take another job during the period of suspension. If you do so then this could give the employer reason to terminate your contract. You do have the right though to complain about the fact that the suspension has lasted 3 months, this is unreasonable. The suspension should only be for the length of time that it takes to establish the facts necessary to deal with the claim. You can raise a grievance about this. If you have any further questions please do ask. If i have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
taratill and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you