Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
29905560

I have bought a business a year ago. I have 3

Dear Sir,
I have bought a business a year ago. I have 3 employees from the original staff. They work for the company over 5 years. I have 2 new members, they are with the company for 8 and 4 month.
We faced financial difficulties and I have to cut back.
I offered that they can choose I reduce their hours, I reduce the numbers or if someone wants to leave we can discuss.
They decided to reduce the hours. Do I need new contract with the new hours for them?
Has this come to a head recently for any reason?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean the financial difficulties?
Hello i will try and help as my colleague had to go offline. Have all staff agreed to the changes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, we had a meeting yesterday together and then I made personal Q&A sessions with everyone and they agreed.
Are the changes permanent?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, hopefully within a few month we can improve our sales and the hours will go back to the original.
You do not need to issue brand new contracts, you can just add an addendum (basically a contract variation to a spexific part of it). So it could be just a page which says that this is is an addendum to the contract dated X (whatever date contract dated) and that both you and the employee agree that the contractual hours will change to reflect the new arrangement, stating what thanis. Best not to put a specific date when it will change back but just state these changes will be under continuous review. Then date and sign it by both and attach to their contracts. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help!
You are most welcome