I am due a months paid sabbatical at work having been with

I am due a months paid sabbatical at work having been with my present employer for 5 years. I had a period of 9 months maternity leave within this 5 years – are they legally within their rights to push this back to account for 'inactive service'?
Hello does the policy cover this at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you advise please?
Delaying the sabbatical because they class your maternity leave absence as inactive service is likely to be discriminatory on grounds of gender/maternity. You must not be treated detrimentally because you are on maternity leave so delaying the sabbatical as a result will most likely amount to discrimination. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the ways you can challenge this which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for getting back so quickly. I'd love to know ways of challenging.
What is my legal standpoint about being forced to be 'on call' whilst away too?
On call whilst on maternity?
Or on sabbatical?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On sabbatical
Again is there anything in the policy which deals with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, there is no policy
The sabbatical issue can be pursued initially through a formal grievance where you can remind them that what they are doing is discriminatory. If the grievance is rejected a claim for discrimination is possible in the employment tribunal. As for the on call issue a sabbatical is a career break. The employer is however not obliged to pay your for this time as it is time off work. If they do want to pay you the they can impose conditions such as that you participate with on call cover. Whilst they cant really expect you to continue working as normal they can make it a condition that if you are to be paid you have todo on call