taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have worked present company years and 8 months,

I have worked for my present company for 8 years and 8 months, they have stated contractually i must work a notice of 8 week. Unfortunately this is not possible I can only work 4 weeks. I understand that I can incur costs for my company to employ a person to complete my works, But can the method of payment and duration be negotiated or does the company have the right to withhold my finial pay?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Does your contract of employment state that you must give a weeks' notice per year?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Thanks, ***** ***** think that a failure to work the full notice period will cause your employer to suffer a financial loss?