How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask taratill Your Own Question
taratill, Solicitor
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
taratill is online now

I have worked present company years and 8 months,

This answer was rated:

I have worked for my present company for 8 years and 8 months, they have stated contractually i must work a notice of 8 week. Unfortunately this is not possible I can only work 4 weeks. I understand that I can incur costs for my company to employ a person to complete my works, But can the method of payment and duration be negotiated or does the company have the right to withhold my finial pay?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Does your contract of employment state that you must give a weeks' notice per year?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** think that a failure to work the full notice period will cause your employer to suffer a financial loss?
taratill and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you