How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12313
Experience:  Qualified Employment Solicitor
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have had written warning without a verbal one and its for

Customer Question

I have had written warning without a verbal one and its for not saying goodbuy to a mystery shopper never had a warning ever and its really upset me
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  michael holly replied 2 years ago.
That is really harsh.A written warning should only be given where the "misconduct" is either repeated, that is someone has been told not to do something relatively trivial but does it again or where the misconduct is quite serious.Here a written warning seems overly harsh as you have a good record and , presumably , there was nothing else wrong with your service to the customer.Your employer must, by law, have an appeal process and you should appeal the written warning by sending/ handing in a letter stating that you wish to appeal the decision.I hope this helps. If there any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.Best wishesMichael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks I did everything right feel like im being singled out after a stomach operation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been in retail a long time this has made me feel ill
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
none else has had a warning like I have had been told that they are watching me for a month if not right I loose my job
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can they get rid of you for something as trivial as this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem I will rate you many thanks for your advice
Expert:  michael holly replied 2 years ago.
Should they terminate your employment as a consequence of this you would have a claim for unfair dismissal against them.Please tell them you have spoken to a solicitor , that you wish to appeal the written warning and that you wish to receive a copy of the appeal procedure.I want them to know that you will fight your corner and that you have legal friends who will stand up for youMichael